Lovense is one of the top vendors of sex toys all over the world. The company literally creates nothing but absolute masterpieces and this product is just more of the same. Lovense is royalty in the world of sex toys, but in our opinion, they outdid themselves with the Lush vibe. It’s just a product that is worth every bit it’s price.
The reason why the Lovense Lush is so popular is because it really helps couples get through long distant relationship. Couples watch the same movie together and eat at a Chipotle hundreds of miles from each other to replicate the feeling of being with one another, but there is one feeling that couples in long distance relationship just can’t replicate, and that is pleasure. With Lush, that is no longer a problem since you can satisfy your partner’s sexual needs from the other corner of the globe by using this long distance sex toy. That’s just one benefit of Lush by Lovense, this article will be talking about everything you possibly need to know before purchasing the Lovense Lush vibrator.
UPDATED FOR THE LUSH 2 in 2019
I’ve been lucky enough to try the Lovense Lush 2 as well recently. I’ve kept the majority of this post the same so that you can see how the Lush has transformed to the Lush 2. All the updates for the Lush 2 come at the end of the post.
UPDATE! The Lush might be on discount in 2019! To see if the Lush is on discount check out the official Lovense on-line store.
The Tech Behind the Lush Vibrator
The Lush sex toy is basically a bluetooth vibrator which uses your partner’s phone as a remote controller to your vibrator. The first step is to install the Lovense app on your phone so that it can be used as an app controlled vibrator. The next few steps are pretty self-explanatory as the app will walk you through everything step by step. When you’re about to register your account, you can set a username and a password for your device. Before connecting the device, make sure the vibrator is on as well as the Bluetooth on both the phone and the toy. The whole signing up and setting up process takes about five minutes. It sounds really rigorous, but once you get to it, it’s really easy.
Just like any other remote, your partner can control the vibration and modes for the vibrator. There are a lot of pre-built patterns included within the app, but you can create your own custom vibrations as well. Lovense’s technology also allows you to sync vibrations with songs or voice. Just put on something not from the Taylor Swift album and you’re going to get rocked to your core.
The app also has its very own messaging platform so that you don’t have to go through the trouble of closing the app to contact the other half. You can even send your partner patterns and pictures
The Device Compatibilities
The advanced technology from Lush ensured that no one felt left out because of their smartphone. Lush is compatible with every up-to-date platform available on the market. This includes:
- iPhone and other iOS devices running on iOS 9.0 and later.
- Android 4.3 or later.
- Mac with Bluetooth 4.0 enabled.
- Windows PC (Will require an extra Lovense Bluetooth adapter)
On to the review
Unpacking the Product
As soon as you open the box, you will feel a bit taken aback by the design of Lush. The vibrator itself is curved to hit just the right spots. But, there’s a long neck too that is the Bluetooth antenna to connect the device to your phone. The portion you’re going to be inserting is about 3.14 inches while the Bluetooth antenna on its own is 4.8 inches long.
Other than the vibrator, there’s a small user’s manual and a USB charger inside the box. There’s no USB adapter to charge the device with an outlet, so you’re going to have to buy it separately.
The guide includes basic instructions like cleaning the device and what lubricants you can use. The vibrator is made from the softest silicone Lovense could get their hands on. When you’re using Lush, make sure you’re using a water-based lubricant as a silicone one will damage the material of the vibrator. Before the first use, make sure you scrub down the device.
Lush is just a toy that feels great inside. As mentioned earlier, the tip is specifically curved so it can hit the G-spot without a problem. The best part is that it’s an internal vibrator which makes it much more powerful than more vibrators in the market.
However, you can use Lush for exterior uses as well. It can be used to massage the clit pretty well too. Talk about multi-purpose; if the device doesn’t feel comfortable inside, you can use it effectively externally as well.
It’s great to wear outdoors to. There are some difficulties with connectivity, which we will talk about later, but if you can get it to work, it will be a really amazing experience. It’s totally discreet and there’s no way anyone could tell that you have a vibrator on right now.
The soft silicone just feels really comfortable inside. It’s really flexible and works with awkward movements. The 100% pure silicone literally feels like a gel-type vibrator – Which isn’t possible, but is the best way to explain the feeling. The added benefit is that the device is completely waterproof. Take it to the tub, to the shower or just shower it yourself, nothing will happen to the pink beast.
Things to keep in mind
- It’s only a g-spot vibrator. The first thing that should be mentioned is that the antenna can also be multi-purpose like the vibrator itself but it’s not designed to actually make you orgasm, only the egg part of the vibrator is meant to do that. The antenna does provide some vibrations which could be used to massage the clit, however, some women might not find the vibrations too significant. Personally, it didn’t feel like the vibrations were too powerful. It felt like the antenna was tickling the clit more than massaging it. So, you might need to buy a clit massager to maximize your climax.
- The range. Lush has a great range and you can use its Bluetooth at a range of about 30 feet. This is the largest range on any Bluetooth vibrator, however, some people do complain that the connectivity isn’t as reliable as it should be and the toy losing connection mid-orgasm can be a real deal-breaker. Also, if there’s a cloth or something between the antenna and the phone, it might be a hassle to connect the two. Lush is supposedly good for discreet play outdoors, but you can’t really take this vibrator for a walk since it will disconnect immediately as you put your pants on. But, you should try yours because the word around town is each device works differently. Just a word of advice, make sure you know how to position that antenna. Otherwise, Lush will feel really uncomfortable.
- Too deep? Users have complained that the vibrator feels like it’s not too deep. The egg is pretty small but it’s serving its purpose. Lush is only supposed to massage the G-spot so if you’re looking for something more penetrating, find some other product.
- Discretion. The points for discreet play certainly go to Lush. The vibrations are really quiet and if you can keep your mouth shut, no one will know what’s going on inside those pants. If you’re really adventurous, you could even try using it in public.
- Lube. One slight problem could be the lubricant. This isn’t exactly a problem with Lush, but since Lush only works with water-based lubricants which means that technically, it is a problem with the device. Water-based lubricants are not supposed to last long. On average, a good grubbing will last for about an hour before the slippery effects start to wear off. However, Lush is portrayed as an outdoor vibrator and a toy that can be used for extensive hours. And, going to the bathroom every hour to change the lubricant is sort of annoying. Though, if you don’t reapply, the toy could cause some discomfort.
- Strength of vibrations. They’re strong enough!
Oh, and if you’re interested in some anal play at the same time, you could use Hush from Lovense. The toy is pretty much the exact same thing except it’s for the rectum instead of the vagina.
Closing Thoughts on the Lush
Closing up the article, we’d like to say that buying the Lush is a good investment of your money. Sure, there are a couple of things that could’ve been better, but no one (or nothing) is perfect. The problems aren’t too major or deal-breaking and we still think that Lush is a pretty decent product. The price is justifiable, the orgasms are toe-wrenching and the potential for long distance relationship is just truly amazing. If you’re still wondering if you should get it, then go out on a limb and get it. We’ve reviewed quite a decent number of sex toys and Lush is one of our favorites.
It’d be a safe bet to take our word on this one folks. Buy it today and end the night with one of the most intense orgasms of your life. If you’re looking for a more traditional vibrator and want to see some of my favorite options check out my top choices here.
Lovense Lush 2 Update 2019
As noted in the review, there were a few issues with the original Lush vibrator. The three big issues were lack of power for some, issues with how it worked with the on/off button and having a reliable connection. The main differences between the two versions are:
- They’ve increased the size of the motor for extra power without decreasing the battery life
- The on/off button has been moved so that you can turn the vibrator on and off without having to remove the vibrator
- To fix the connection issue they completely overhauled the way the antenna works so that there’s far less drop outs which were super annoying
Overall the changes have improved the quality of the vibrator but the price hasn’t gone up so you’ve got to love that. It’s also great when a company listens to it’s users who get in contact with them (like me!) and tell them how I think the product can be improved. Overall it’s a really fun vibrator and adds some spice to my life!